RoofWalk (anti-Slip Walkway)
The RoofWalk Walkway is designed to create a sure-footed walkway on your rooftop. This fully customizable platform utilizes non-slip materials and is installed above the roof membrane ensuring no damage is being done while it is being utilized. Utilizing our counterweighted baseplates and RoofGuard guardrails, this system can be tailored to any flat roof or low slope application, providing safer access to any workspace by eliminating slipping and fall hazards. Engineered for safety and built economically, the RoofWalk system is a must on any rooftop where constant roof access is required.
Our rooftop walkway systems are free standing and utilize our counter weighted baseplates, eliminating the need for hardware connections to your rooftop. Combine with RoofStep Crossover and Ladder series to further improve your rooftop accessibility and safety system.
Does your rooftop have Workers Accessing it?
If you answered yes, then fall protection is required as mandated by the below legislation.
MOL Industrial Establishments Regulation 851: Section 13 (1)(a) (1) Subject to subsection (2), there shall be a guardrail.
a) around the perimeter of an uncovered opening in a floor, roof or other surface to which a worker has access.
- Grated slip resistant walkways
- Complete installation manual and layout drawings
- Counter weighted baseplates
- Rubber mats to protect rooftop membrane
- Vertical posts
- Horizontal rails
- Set Screws
Frequently Asked Questions
- RoofWalk systems are non-penetrating and designed to work on common commercial rooftops (membrane, steel and river rock).
- Yes. The vast majority of RoofWalk systems are made from grated aluminum, non-slip material. When specified by the customer, LFP can provide galvanized steel but aluminum is much lighter so it is more common.
- Yes. RoofWalk can be installed on a sloped roof. However, the angle of the slope determines whether or not roof penetration is needed for guardrails and walkways.
- We strongly recommend that any RoofGuard System is installed by one of our certified installers to ensure proper installation. Systems come with an installation manual, engineered drawings and can be performed with one tool.
- Yes. RoofWalk will integrate with RoofGuard to create a fully compliant walkway for workers who are working at heights.
- According to Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations in Housekeeping and Maintenance;
3) Every travelled surface in a work place shall be
(a) slip resistant; and
(b) kept free of splinters, holes, loose boards and tiles and similar defects.
Request a Quote
Passive Vs Active Fall Protection
When a hazard assessment is completed, and a need for fall protection is established, there are two general types of systems that can solve the need and keep the workers safe, passive or active fall protection.
Passive Fall Protection
Active Fall Protection
Check to see what federal & provincial regulations for working at heights and fall protection are and which RoofGuard systems help you comply.
Learn from the experts about safety topics related to working at heights, warehouse safety and ladder safety. Browse our resource library.
Request a quote
We offer a huge selection of products and quick quotes for what you’re looking for.