Standard Hatch Guardrail Kits (4' x 4', 4' x 6')
HatchGuard comes in unique kit formats that are designed to fit most rooftop hatch openings. With 4′ x 4′ and 4′ x 6′ kit options available, our Roof Hatch Guardrail System is non-penetrating and safely protects open roof hatches and is integrated with virtually any rooftop opening. By investing in a custom rooftop fall prevention system, you are ensuring that your company’s rooftop has optimal coverage to fully protect employees working at heights.
HatchGuard 4' x 4' Guardrail Kit
A permanent freestanding guardrail system, which is non penetrating, and safely protects workers from falls through open rooftop hatches. This 4’x4′ system comes standard with a spring-loaded gate, ensuring the gate always returns to the safe closed position. An optional fixed grab bar when exiting or entering the rooftop can be included as requested.
HatchGuard 4' x 6' Guardrail Kit
A permanent freestanding guardrail system, which is non penetrating, and safely protects workers from falls through open rooftop hatches. This 4’x6′ system comes standard with a spring-loaded gate, ensuring the gate always returns to the safe closed position. An optional fixed grab bar when exiting or entering the rooftop can be included as requested.
- Singular tool supplied for assembly
- Complete installation manual and layout drawings
- 8 counter weighted baseplates
- 4 rubber mats to protect rooftop membrane
- 4 pre-assembled vertical posts
- 7 horizontal rails
- Set screws
- All parts and materials are supplied on a single pallet
- Custom hatch systems are available upon request
Frequently Asked Questions
- A worker shall be adequately protected by a guardrail system. Requirements for guardrails are found in the regulation for construction projects (s.26.1) . The regulation for industrial establishment (ss. 13 and 14) contains provisions for permanent guardrails. The regulation for construction projects provides that if it is not reasonably possible to install guardrails, a worker must be adequately protected by at least one of the following methods of fall protection:
- Safety net
- Travel Restraint system
- Fall Arrest System
- Fall Restricting System
- More versatile than fixed-length steel rail systems.
- Stackable base plates.
- User friendly and ergonomic.
- Lower labor costs
- Everything on one skid (materials, tools, layout design) – low shipping costs.
- Price! More attractive pricing for distributor partners – higher selling margins.
- Aluminum rail systems “blend in” with the building and mechanical equipment.
- Passive fall protection is the type of protection that does NOT require any action by people. Examples include: Guardrails, Safety Nets, etc.
- Active fall protection is the type of protection that requires training and direct connection to an engineered fall protection system or anchor point. Examples include: Body Harnesses and Lanyards, Anchor Points, etc.
- General rule: Try and develop protection that does not require active fall protection. “Engineer out the hazard”
- Yes, all of our systems include a user manual, custom drawing, and detailed installation instructions. If needed, we do offer installation as well.
- Arguably the easiest rooftop system on the market to install, all kits come with everything required to assemble this elegantly simple system.
- Typically consists of 9 ft rail sections and 6 ft returns (tie-backs).
- Returns have a minimum of 3 base plates on the end post to provide the necessary counterweight to allow the system to meet lateral force ratings.
- Returns are positioned at a MAXIMUM of 27 ft intervals (3 sections of 9 ft rails).
- Are my rooftop openings properly guarded to comply with current working at heights laws?
- Am I, or any of my staff working within 6’ of the roof edge and require fall protection?
- Do I need access to multiple rooftop elevations?
- Are there trip hazards on my rooftop?
- Is there frequently accessed equipment on my roof that may pose a risk?
Request a Quote
The Hierarchy of Fall Protection Solutions
Elimination of Hazards
Become A Dealer
Offer a wide range of high-quality engineered fall protection solutions to your customers.
Learn more about our team and what sets us apart as industry experts in fall protection, ground support and material handling industries.
Dive into the latest netting options our team has to offer. This catalogue will provide a complete overview of our products and services.
Our team is committed to providing the highest level of customer service. If you didn’t find the information you were looking for, please contact us.
Request a quote
We offer a huge selection of products and quick quotes for what you’re looking for.
Give us a call. Our friendly customer service staff are on hand to help you.