Roofguard Rooftop Guardrail
Our RoofGuard Classic Guardrail system is a non-penetrating system, designed to eliminate the potential hazard from rooftop falls. With simplicity in mind when developed, this rooftop guardrail system can be quickly and easily assembled and installed on most rooftops. In order to ensure a quick and easy installation, we designed RoofGuard with a modular design, thus allowing for a quick installation that requires no welding, drilling, or bolting into the actual roof structure.
Because our guardrail system utilizes a counter-weighted system, there is no cutting required into the existing rooftop surface, meaning RoofGuard’s safety guard railings have no direct or permanent attachments to your rooftop. RoofGuard can be reconfigured during installation in order to allow for it to work in almost any situation. Our professional engineers can visit your facility to ensure that you have the proper design for your rooftop around any hazardous areas. In many cases, this system can also be moved in order to cover different areas if work is periodic.
Death of worker results in $100,000 fine for Ontario Company
A company pleaded guilty to failing to ensure workplace safety standards were met, as outlined in the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act. The Ontario man succumbed to his injuries and passed away less than two weeks later.
Companies are required to protect their workers with a guardrail system or another fall prevention method. Do the right thing; protect your employees and company with a passive fall protection system.
This rooftop guardrail system provides 9 feet of leading edge fall prevention, requires no rooftop penetration and can be categorized as a passive fall prevention solution. This fall prevention solution is ideal for providing a reliable fall safety device around HVAC, Vents, near Access Ladders, Antennas, Valves, Solar Panels, or simply near frequently travelled areas that require routine maintenance.
12 feet of leading edge Fall Protection. It requires no rooftop penetration and can be categorized as a passive Fall Protection solution. This particular system is ideal for providing reliable Fall Protection around frequently travelled areas that require routine maintenance.
Our most popular rooftop guardrail system offers 18 feet of leading edge protection with two 6 foot sections for weighted ballast. The hinged, variable fitting in the centre of the 18 foot section allows for complete versatility when setting the systems up. It can be straight, at 90 degrees, or anything in between, depending on the requirements.
This passive fall prevention kit offers 27 feet of leading edge protection with two 6 foot sections for weighted ballast. The hinged, variable fitting in the centre of the 27 foot section allows for complete versatility when setting the system up. It can be straight, at 90 degrees, or anything in between, depending on your requirements.
Custom RoofGuard Classic
Custom Rooftop Guardrail Systems Our RoofGuard Classic system is extremely versatile. RoofGuard can be reconfigured during installation in order to allow for it to work in almost any situation. Our Professional Engineers can visit your facility to ensure that you have a proper design for your rooftop around any hazardous areas. In many cases this system can also be moved in order to cover different areas if work is periodic.
- Base plates: Galvanized cast steel weights (18kg)
- Aluminum pipe: Aluminum T6-6061, 1.5” SCH 40 – 48mm (1.90 inches) O D
- Fittings: Aluminum, Magnesium Alloy, 535
- Fasteners: stainless steel
- Support bar: Aluminum 18” bar placed in the middle of rails greater than 6ft
Frequently Asked Questions
- A worker shall be adequately protected by a guardrail system. Requirements for guardrails are found in the regulation for construction projects (s.26.1) . The regulation for industrial establishment (ss. 13 and 14) contains provisions for permanent guardrails. The regulation for construction projects provides that if it is not reasonably possible to install guardrails, a worker must be adequately protected by at least one of the following methods of fall protection:
- Safety net
- Travel Restraint system
- Fall Arrest System
- Fall Restricting System
- More versatile than fixed-length steel rail systems.
- Stackable base plates.
- User friendly and ergonomic.
- Lower labor costs
- Everything on one skid (materials, tools, layout design) – low shipping costs.
- Price! More attractive pricing for distributor partners – higher selling margins.
- Aluminum rail systems “blend in” with the building and mechanical equipment.
- Passive fall protection is the type of protection that does NOT require any action by people. Examples include: Guardrails, Safety Nets, etc.
- Active fall protection is the type of protection that requires training and direct connection to an engineered fall protection system or anchor point. Examples include: Body Harnesses and Lanyards, Anchor Points, etc.
- General rule: Try and develop protection that does not require active fall protection. “Engineer out the hazard”
- Yes, all of our systems include a user manual, custom drawing, and detailed installation instructions. If needed, we do offer installation as well.
- Arguably the easiest rooftop system on the market to install, all kits come with everything required to assemble this elegantly simple system.
- Typically consists of 9 ft rail sections and 6 ft returns (tie-backs).
- Returns have a minimum of 3 base plates on the end post to provide the necessary counterweight to allow the system to meet lateral force ratings.
- Returns are positioned at a MAXIMUM of 27 ft intervals (3 sections of 9 ft rails).
- Are my rooftop openings properly guarded to comply with current working at heights laws?
- Am I, or any of my staff working within 6’ of the roof edge and require fall protection?
- Do I need access to multiple rooftop elevations?
- Are there trip hazards on my rooftop?
- Is there frequently accessed equipment on my roof that may pose a risk?
Request a Quote
Reasons Why RoofGuard Classic is the Solution for You:
Become A Dealer
Offer a wide range of high-quality engineered fall protection solutions to your customers.
Check to see what federal & provincial regulations for working at heights and fall protection are and which RoofGuard systems help you comply.
Learn from the experts about safety topics related to working at heights, warehouse safety and ladder safety. Browse our resource library.
Request a quote
We offer a huge selection of products and quick quotes for what you’re looking for.