Hatch Guardrail (RoofGuard)
Our Roof Hatch Guardrail System (HatchGuard), also known as a Roof Hatch Safety Rail, is a freestanding guardrail system, which is non-penetrating and safely protects open roof hatches and skylights. HatchGuard’s simplicity allows for our system to be integrated with virtually any rooftop opening. Our Roof Hatch System comes standard with a spring-loaded gate, ensuring the HatchGuard is in a safe operating position at all times.
Heavily mandated by governing bodies, rooftop openings such as roof hatches and skylights are two focal points that require fall prevention solutions to be implemented.
Why our Hatchguard systems are the right Solution for you:
The simplicity of HatchGuard allows for this system to be integrated with virtually all roof openings. Designed to fit into a single crate, most parts are pre-assembled with easy-to-follow instructions and a single tool for installation. This freestanding, modular system is constructed with corrosion-resistant lightweight aluminum tubing and utilizes counter-weighted baseplates. It requires no rooftop penetration, which will help to make sure that your roof will remain intact, so you will not have to worry about any unexpected leaks occurring from using this system.
HatchGuard comes in a unique kit format which is designed to fit most rooftop hatch openings. With 4' x 4' of aluminum handrail tube and a 4ft self-closing gate, you will be able to keep both employees and contractors safe when they enter and exit your rooftop.
Some rooftop hatches are unique in design, whether they are larger than the average rooftop hatch or because they are unique in design; which is why we offer the option for custom 4' x 6' HatchGuard systems.
ROOFGUARD HATCH GUARDRAIL, HATCHBAR
Allow your contractors and employees to safely enter and exit your rooftop hatch with the addition of a hatch bar. These roof hatch grab bars mount directly to the frame of the hatch and act as a single point of assistance. With the addition of this roof hatch grab bar, your entry onto rooftops will be both quick and safe. This accessory is designed to work on all makes and models of roof hatches and has been rigorously tested to meet stringent weight and durability requirements.
- Singular tool supplied for assembly
- Complete installation manual and layout drawings
- 8 counter weighted baseplates
- 4 rubber mats to protect rooftop membrane
- 4 pre-assembled vertical posts
- 7 horizontal rails
- Set Screws
- All parts and materials are supplied on a single pallet
- Custom hatch systems are available upon request
Frequently Asked Questions
- A worker shall be adequately protected by a guardrail system. Requirements for guardrails are found in the regulation for construction projects (s.26.1) . The regulation for industrial establishment (ss. 13 and 14) contains provisions for permanent guardrails. The regulation for construction projects provides that if it is not reasonably possible to install guardrails, a worker must be adequately protected by at least one of the following methods of fall protection:
- Safety net
- Travel Restraint system
- Fall Arrest System
- Fall Restricting System
- More versatile than fixed-length steel rail systems.
- Stackable base plates.
- User friendly and ergonomic.
- Lower labor costs
- Everything on one skid (materials, tools, layout design) – low shipping costs.
- Price! More attractive pricing for distributor partners – higher selling margins.
- Aluminum rail systems “blend in” with the building and mechanical equipment.
- Passive fall protection is the type of protection that does NOT require any action by people. Examples include: Guardrails, Safety Nets, etc.
- Active fall protection is the type of protection that requires training and direct connection to an engineered fall protection system or anchor point. Examples include: Body Harnesses and Lanyards, Anchor Points, etc.
- General rule: Try and develop protection that does not require active fall protection. “Engineer out the hazard”
- Yes, all of our systems include a user manual, custom drawing, and detailed installation instructions. If needed, we do offer installation as well.
- Arguably the easiest rooftop system on the market to install, all kits come with everything required to assemble this elegantly simple system.
- Typically consists of 9 ft rail sections and 6 ft returns (tie-backs).
- Returns have a minimum of 3 base plates on the end post to provide the necessary counterweight to allow the system to meet lateral force ratings.
- Returns are positioned at a MAXIMUM of 27 ft intervals (3 sections of 9 ft rails).
- Are my rooftop openings properly guarded to comply with current working at heights laws?
- Am I, or any of my staff working within 6’ of the roof edge and require fall protection?
- Do I need access to multiple rooftop elevations?
- Are there trip hazards on my rooftop?
- Is there frequently accessed equipment on my roof that may pose a risk?
Request a Quote
Check to see what federal & provincial regulations for working at heights and fall protection are and which RoofGuard systems help you comply.
Learn from the experts about safety topics related to working at heights, warehouse safety and ladder safety. Browse our resource library.
Request a quote
We offer a huge selection of products and quick quotes for what you’re looking for.