Standard Parapet Crossover Platform Kits (5 step, 4 step and 3 step)
Eliminate the potential of rooftop trip hazards over piping and other rooftop obstructions with RoofStep XS Series. This anti-skid walkway is designed in order to allow workers to safely move over obstructions located on the same roof level. With the addition of this pathway on your rooftop, you will be able to extend the life of your roof and prevent any damage from occurring to piping and other obstructions that are located on it. By preventing rooftop traffic from walking over or around obstructions on the roof you not only prevent injuries from occurring, but you also decrease the amount of time it will take to complete work on the roof.
This rooftop crossover system is completely customized for your rooftop in order to allow for the safe maneuverability of workers or contractors over any hazard that may be present on your roof. These rooftop work platforms are also designed in order to blend in with the existing roof aesthetics and can be customized in order to have anywhere from one step to several. When coupled with our RoofWalk System and RoofGuard Classic Guardrail System you will have a complete rooftop safety system and ensure the safety of both your roof and workers/contractors.
Does your rooftop have Workers Accessing it?
If you answered yes, then RoofGuard Guardrail is required as mandated by the below legislation.
MOL Industrial Establishments Regulation 851: Section 13 (1)(a) (1) Subject to subsection (2), there shall be a guardrail. (a) around the perimeter of an uncovered opening in a floor, roof or other surface to which a worker has access
RoofStep 3-3 XS
RoofStep 4-4 XS
RoofStep 5-4 XS
RoofStep 5-5 XS
All kits are customizable depending on rooftop layout and applications. Crossover kits may include:
- Engineered ladders on the face and back of the parapet wall
- Platform over the parapet area to protect sensitive roof membrane from damage
- Fall protection guardrails with kits where falls from one elevation to another may occur
- Base plates: Galvanized cast steel weights (18kg) with three optional holes for vertical post-placement. Includes handles to avoid pinch points. Masticated rubber pad included.
- Aluminum pipe: Aluminum T6-6061, 1.5” SCH 40 – 48mm (1.90 inches) O D.
- Fittings: Aluminum, Magnesium Alloy, 535.
- Fasteners: stainless steel
Frequently Asked Questions
- Each RoofGuard system is designed to be freestanding and not require any drilling into your roof membrane. This is also true of RoofStep Ladder and Crossover systems, which also don’t require permanent attachment to your wall either.
- Yes. A parapet wall would be similar to a guardrail system as long as it meets the minimum height requirement set out by Working at Heights legislation in your province. In Ontario the minimum height is 48 inches.
- We strongly recommend that any RoofGuard System is installed by one of our certified installers to ensure proper installation. Systems come with an installation manual, engineered drawings and can be performed with one tool.
- Yes. RoofStep Ladder and Crossover systems will integrate with RoofGuard, since each system is modular and fully customizable. This enables end users to create a fully compliant system for workers who are working at heights.
- RoofStep is most commonly used for access up and over parapet walls. It is also used for other obstructions which cause a tripping hazard such as pipes, gaps and other hazards.
Request a Quote
Passive Vs Active Fall Protection
When a hazard assessment is completed, and a need for fall protection is established, there are two general types of systems that can solve the need and keep the workers safe, passive or active fall protection.
Passive Fall Protection
Active Fall Protection
Become A Dealer
Offer a wide range of high-quality engineered fall protection solutions to your customers.
Check to see what federal & provincial regulations for working at heights and fall protection are and which RoofGuard systems help you comply.
Learn from the experts about safety topics related to working at heights, warehouse safety and ladder safety. Browse our resource library.
Request a quote
We offer a huge selection of products and quick quotes for what you’re looking for.